Bernice Galloway is a 1997 graduate of the University of New Mexico Law School. She received her undergraduate degree from the University of New Mexico in Biology. Ms. Galloway is a certified mediator as well as a seasoned litigator. Her legal practice includes Family Law and Social Security Disability Law. She also accepts real estate, estate planning, mediation, arbitration, probate and criminal defense cases.
Ms. Galloway has practiced in all areas of family law since 1997. Her family law practice includes divorce, annulments, child custody, child support, paternity, domestic violence, mediation, nuptials, arbitration and complex litigation.
Ms. Galloway knows Social Security Disability Law (“SSDI”) from the inside out. She was employed by the Social Security Administration, Office of Disability Adjudication and Review, as an Attorney Advisor. As an Attorney Advisor, Ms. Galloway advised many administrative law judges and wrote their SSDI decisions. Since leaving the Agency in 2010, Ms. Galloway now uses the expertise she gained on the “inside” to help her clients with their SSDI claims.
Ms. Galloway believes in volunteer work. She volunteers at the Roadrunner Food Bank, homeless soup kitchens, New Mexico Legal Aid’s Volunteer Attorney Program and is a past President and Treasurer of the Eyak Foundation, an organization that provides educational opportunities for Alaskan Native students.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Social Security Disability Law
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Criminal Defense
- Estate Planning and Probate
- Real Estate Law
- New Mexico, 1997
- U.S. District Court, District of New Mexico, 1997
- University of New Mexico School of Law, Albuquerque, New Mexico, JD, May, 1997
- Honors: Honors in Clinical Law
- University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, Bachelor of Science in Biology, May, 1993
Honors and Awards
- Honors in Clinical Law, 1997
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants
- New Mexico Social Security Attorneys Association
- New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Albuquerque Bar Association
- Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity